Wünsche an den neuen Besitzer von PC/GEOS

• Ich habe die Geoplan aus dem NokiaSDK gefunden ist 140.07KB dagegen ist Geoplan aus dem FreeSDK nur 65.91KB nur kompilierte Geode da ist dann doch viel mehr Code drin , leider kein Sourcecode !

Keine foam-Libraries im Repository .

Is it possible to reverse engineer? From ASM > C? Just to see what is done to the app?

• Is it possible to reverse engineer? From ASM > C? Just to see what is done to the app?

#include <stdio.h>

// Assuming CalcDayOfWeek and CalcDateAltered are implemented elsewhere
    extern int CalcDayOfWeek(int month, int day, int year);
    extern void CalcDateAltered(int *day, int *year, int daysToAlter);

typedef struct {
    int RS_startDay;
    int RS_startYear;
    int RS_endDay;
    int RS_endYear;
    } RecordStruct;

void QuickWeek(int month, int day, int year, RecordStruct *record) {
    int dow = CalcDayOfWeek(month, day, year); // day of week
    int startDay, startYear, endDay, endYear;

if (dow != 0) { // If not Sunday
    CalcDateAltered(&day, &year, -dow);
    startDay = day;
    startYear = year;
    } else {
    startDay = day;
    startYear = year;
    }

record->RS_startDay = startDay;
    record->RS_startYear = startYear;

if (dow != 6) { // If not Saturday
    CalcDateAltered(&day, &year, 6 - dow);
    endDay = day;
    endYear = year;
    } else {
    endDay = day;
    endYear = year;
    }

record->RS_endDay = endDay;
    record->RS_endYear = endYear;
    }
    With: CodeConvert AI - Convert code with a click of a button

• Ich wünsche mir für den Kalender andere Hintergrundfarbe -> hellblauer Hinter Monat/Jahr entweder HellGelb oder Weiss !

Kann in der calendarConstant.def geändert werden.

Besser wäre wählbar !

Kalenderwochenzahl !

von Nico

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von nschu (16. März 2024 um 00:00)

• Ffinder .geo soll mit den zuletzt geöffneten Dokumenten öffnen und sich nach Auswahl eines Dokumentes minimieren oder schließen

Der Office-Assistent sollte zumindest in der Lagen sein, die in seinem Template-Ordner vorhandenen Vorlagen alphabetisch zu sortieren. Er sollte außerdem eine Hinzufügen- und Abwählen- Option für Vorlagen erhalten.

• It is a problem with GeoSafari. The name "GeoSafari" is a brand name of products for kids. Geoworks is not affiliated with the name at all. Frank at Breadbox discovered this when we worked with the game. Frank contacted the company that holds the registered trademark "GeoSafari" and Breadbox was asked to change the name and the icon of the product. We changed it to "GeoExplorer" and the icon was changed to a rocket. I guess it can be changed again?

• It is a problem with GeoSafari. The name "GeoSafari" is a brand name of products for kids. Geoworks is not affiliated with the name at all. Frank at Breadbox discovered this when we worked with the game. Frank contacted the company that holds the registered trademark "GeoSafari" and Breadbox was asked to change the name and the icon of the product. We changed it to "GeoExplorer" and the icon was changed to a rocket. I guess it can be changed again?

But isn’t GeoSafari just the Geos-version of the Dos-Game GeoSafari (that is also available as a Windows-game and as an electronic board game)?!

Externer Inhalt m.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

And wasn’t it a licensed port - using the same logo etc. as the „original“?! See line 146 in Appl/Safari2/safari2UI.goc :

GTXI_text = "Produced under license from Educational Insights";

There are two rules in life:
    1. Never give out all of the information.

2 Mal editiert, zuletzt von jpolzfuss (4. April 2024 um 00:08)

• Just referring to what happened at Breadbox regarding the registered trademark GeoSafari. GeoSafari was licensed to NewDeal and it was Gene Anderson who worked with it at NewDeal. Frank was hoping that the license would be transferable to Breadbox, no it was not, and to avoid a dispute he asked the owners of the trademark, and they said no. Frank made the decision to change the name to GeoExplorer. As far as I know, the content files was okey to use. They were part of the Kodak Eastman bankcruptsy, and the images used in the content files was some sort of contratual work sold to Kodak Eastman and there was no traceable copyright of the images, if I recall correctly. Frank went on a shopping spree to buy the GeoSafari cards, to scan them and make them gameable in the GeoSafari Geos version. I think there are math games, and geography games. I don't know if Frank was able to finish the games he bought. He showed some to me and John. This is what I remember, regarding GeoSafari. I have also thought of the name and the icon. Why not calling it GeoQuiz and use the owl in the game and create an icon from the owl image?

• Okay. Now, it makes sense to me. :) Thanks!

BTW: Kodak wasn’t bankrupt, they only filed insolvency and are now „back“. They are even producing new Super8-cameras.

• Yes, sure it was insolvency, they filed some Chapter ??. To my knowledge Eastman Kodak was/is? a conglomerate in imaging and they killed off branches doing imaging among other things, if I recall correctly. As a side note, I was at our local photoshop here in Uppsala some weeks ago and a guy was buying analog film and the staff said, sorry, Kodak has ceased to produce that type of film.....

• Strange! I have not heard of any production stop in the last 5 years. But they have problems with keeping up with the demand of certain filmstocks - e.g. Tri-X and Ektachrome are often „temporarily out of stock“ in all formats here in Germany (but also in the USA - according to some friends).

• Ich habe auch noch einen Wunsch. :pinch:

Zur Zeit ist es so, das, wenn ich ein Dokument geöffnet habe und dieses minimiere, in der Task-Leiste eine Schaltfläche mit dem Icon und Namen des Programms erscheint. Habe ich mehrere Dokumente eines Programms geöffnet und minimiert, erscheint dort für jedes der Dokumente nur der Programmname mit Icon. Es wäre wirklich hilfreich, wenn dort der Dokumentenname stehen würde, meinetwegen noch mit dem Icon des Programms. Der Programmname kann wegfallen, der wird ja durch das Icon symbolisiert.

Kann man soetwas verwirklichen? :/

Gruß Achim

PC/GEOS unter Linux in der DOSEMU = UNSCHLAGBAR!