Copyrighted parts of PC/GEOS

• Hi all,

Had a little chat with Konstantin Meyer about the copyrighted parts of PC/GEOS. He asked me tl repost it here, so here it is.

I have checked the copyrighted parts now According to the Ensemble 2.0 manual, these parts are copyrighted:

International Correct Spell by Houghton Mifflin Company

Electronic Thesaurus by Houghton Mifflin Company

Hardware and software floating point math library by Dimensions Research Inc

Word for word text conversion software by Mastersoft

Nimbus Q by Digital Typeface Corp

Typefaces (fonts) by URW

BR,
    Hans

• I guess that this list isn't complete as there are also some compression libraries that mention pkzip/pkware and some more third party impex-filters. (I guess that they are mentioned in the newdeal and brotherworks manuals.)

There are two rules in life:
    1. Never give out all of the information.

• I guess that this list isn't complete as there are also some compression libraries that mention pkzip/pkware and some more third party impex-filters. (I guess that they are mentioned in the newdeal and brotherworks manuals.)

Could well, be. The things you mention could be later additions. If I recall correctly, the pkware compression came with 2.01? The third party impex filters could also be later additions. However, most of the impex filters in Geos are obsolete. I think that the valid ones are very few, like rich text and CSV. Some drivers could also be scrapped out, for example some graphic drivers, CGA, EGA, Hercules and so on.

BR,
    Hans