Uni Install Creator

• Hi,

Not wanting to write my own installer (yet), I wanted to play with Rainer's Uni Installer Creator (http://www.rbettsteller.de/DOWNENGL.HTM) a bit.

I downloaded both the Uni Installer and Creator and could successfully install it. I think the installer itself is working fine, I installed some of Rainer's other neat apps/screensavers using it.

The installer for the Creator adds a blank icon "Install Creator" and when double-clicking it I get a messagebox with the following message "Could not open "Install Creator" because a required system file is missing" (Error Code FM-31).

I am running it in the latest version of BBE.
    Any idea of what could be wrong?

Best regards, Vincent

• Hi,

the German version is using geos, ui and ansic. All three libs should be included in BBE (and should be located in the SYSTEM-folder after installation).

However I sometimes also get this FM-31-message when the FILES=... in the config.sys (DOS), config.nt (winNT,2000,XP) or [dos]-section of dosbox.conf (dosbox) isn't correct. (Under DOS/WinNT/... try 120, in DosBox try 240.)

Jörg

There are two rules in life:
    1. Never give out all of the information.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von jpolzfuss (29. November 2011 um 00:50)

• Sorry, my mistake.

There is a library file missing in the installer package (rsftool.geo)
    The quick solution is to install R-BASIC or Gonzo, wich comes with his file.
    Or send me an email (adress see my home page), I will reply with the file attached.

I will fix that in the next time. Thanks for information.

Rainer

P.S. There is no need to write your own installer, the UniInstaller is for free.

Es gibt 10 Arten von Menschen - die einen wissen was binär ist, die anderen nicht.

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Rainer (29. November 2011 um 11:26)