• Und nun? Haben Franks Erben einen anderen Käufer gefunden? Oder haben sie herausgefunden, daß Alex Recht hat und es gar keine Lizenzen zu verkaufen gibt? Oder haben sie vergessen, daß sie verkaufen wollten? Oder wie oder was?

There are two rules in life:
    1. Never give out all of the information.

• Easy to make jokes about this, especially when not knowing the problems and obstacles. Since John lives in Oregon and Franks wife Donna lives in Florida, this have been a problem to sort out Breadbox's businesses. The geographical distance have been a bit of a problem, and to that, add some bureaucracy. At first, Donna only found unsigned copies of the argeement between Geoworks and Breadbox. Finally she found the signed license agreement and the signed addendum in which Breadbox bought PC/Geos from Geoworks, safely tucked away.The prerequisite for doing business is now solved. It is less than a year, that Frank passed away. Remember what John wrote, this will be a lengthly process.

BR,
    Hans

• Thanks. That's all I wanted to hear. It was clear to me that would take some time. However, I thought that it would have been only a matter of 3-4 months. Hence no updates for months ment nothing good to me.

There are two rules in life:
    1. Never give out all of the information.

• Well, I was wrong regarding a detail in my reply. I interpreted John Howards reply to me that signed copies of both the initial licensing agreement and the addendum buying agreement was found. It is a signed copy of the addendum buying agreement document, which was found. Det buying addendum is refering to the the licensing agreement. Breadbox have unsigned copies of the license agreement. Still this can't be a problem, as the signed buying document exists. To find the signed license document, you would have both belt and braces in a legal meaning. Sorry, for the error. Hopefully they will find it.

Well, resoling an estate, is not a simple matter. I understand that this takes time.

BR,
    Hans

• Hallo GEOSler

Vielleicht kann der Service von https://www.legalnature.com/ bei den (?) Vertragsverhandlungen helfen?
    Ich bekam den Tipp von einer New Yorker Freundin, die ein Plattenlabel leitet und hiermit Verträge ausarbeitet.

Warum liest man zu diesem Thema derzeit soviel per YahooGroup und hier so wenig?

Wenn ich sehe, wieviele PADs es inzwischen speziell für Kinder gibt, meist mit Android und PC/GEOS mit dem EasyDesktop da genauso mitmischen könnte, wenn es besser gelaufen wäre...

Tschau

• GOES als OpenSource? Klasse Idee. Dann könnte ja vielleicht der Fast-CPU-Bug Patch wieder mit ausgeliefert werden. Vielleicht gibt es dann auch mehr Infos zum Geos API. Dies muss es ja geben, damit eine Anwendung innerhalb von Geos auch läuft.

Gibt es denn überhaupt Neuigkeiten zur Lizensierung von GEOS? Die letzten Beiträge sind schließlich alle von 2016.

Wenn das mit Goes Opensource was wird, dann könnte doch auch der Patch für den FastCPUBug OpenSourse werden und dann gleich in die betroffenen Geos Pakete integriert werden.

Einer sagte hier, dass Slowdown Programme die CPU zwar temporär aber doch dauerhaft bis zum Neustart ausbremsen!

Würde denn ein vom Fast CPU Bug betroffenes GEOS nach dem Start stabil laufen, wenn die CPU Bremse nur während des Startens von Geos aktiv wäre, danach aber die CPU wieder mit voller Geschwindigkeit laufen würde?