PC GEOS auf dem Android Smartphone!

• Hallo,

ich habe es geschafft, PC GEOS in der DOSBox für das Android Betriebssystem zum Laufen zu bringen. In der Geos .ini habe ich fs = ntfat.geo stehen, mit ms4.geo hat es bei mir nicht funktioniert und hier im GEOS Infobase Forum steht hier:

http://www.geos-infobase.de/WBB_317/index.…ad&postID=14624

im Beitrag 5 von Mütze, dass DOSBox Emu diesen NTFAT Treiber benötigt. So ist es auch bei mir. Ich wollte das wissen weil ich Zweifel hatte wegen der Mausbedienung. Aber die Maus wird zuverlässig emuliert.

Während ich bei heutigen Touch Screen Anwendungen einfach auf mein Widget tippe, muss ich hier halt zuerst den Mauszeiger auf das Icon oder den Menüpunkt bewegen, den ich anklicken will, dann funktioniert die Auswahl so, als ob ich die Maus benutzen würde, nur tippe ich dann, wenn der Mauszeiger über meinem Icon oder Menüpunkt liegt, mit meinem Finger drauf, dann öffnet sich die darunter liegende Funktionalität wie gewohnt.

Screenshots gibt es hier:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Akh20VYLxLoYoDg5pMB5NdjuIUIn?e=nlUjUh

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Akh20VYLxLoYoDf21B7uuyyuu3Gy?e=RR9nRE

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Akh20VYLxLoYoDTGfSK5pc2To2cq?e=2IDcsU

• Hallo,

ich habe es geschafft, PC GEOS in der DOSBox für das Android Betriebssystem zum Laufen zu bringen. In der Geos .ini habe ich fs = ntfat.geo stehen, mit ms4.geo hat es bei mir nicht funktioniert und hier im GEOS Infobase Forum steht hier:

http://www.geos-infobase.de/WBB_317/index.…ad&postID=14624

im Beitrag 5 von Mütze, dass DOSBox Emu diesen NTFAT Treiber benötigt. So ist es auch bei mir. Ich wollte das wissen weil ich Zweifel hatte wegen der Mausbedienung. Aber die Maus wird zuverlässig emuliert.

Während ich bei heutigen Touch Screen Anwendungen einfach auf mein Widget tippe, muss ich hier halt zuerst den Mauszeiger auf das Icon oder den Menüpunkt bewegen, den ich anklicken will, dann funktioniert die Auswahl so, als ob ich die Maus benutzen würde, nur tippe ich dann, wenn der Mauszeiger über meinem Icon oder Menüpunkt liegt, mit meinem Finger drauf, dann öffnet sich die darunter liegende Funktionalität wie gewohnt. Screenshot folgt noch.

I recommend DOSBox Turbo from Google Play Store in Android. In DBT you can set the mouse tracking to "Absolute" (experimental) and the mousepointer will follow your tap on the scren. No more mouse dragging.

Hans

• Settings for Geos in Android devices using DOSBox Turbo

Advanced DosBox Config
    DosBox Settings
    Memory Size: Try out the amount which gives the best performance, start with 8. Frame Skip=2. Cycles=auto. Machine Type=svga_s3. CPU Core=dynamic. CPU Type=auto. Sound Device=See below. Audio Freq Rate=22050. Audio Blocksize=1024 or 512.Audio Pre-Buffer=15. PC Speaker=See below. Timed Joystick=uncheck/disable. Keyboard Layout=Auto. Autoexec=edit the autoexec.bat so it will work with your device. XMS Support=checked/enable. EMS Support=unchecked/disable. UMB Support=unchecked/disable. ISA PnP Support=unchecked/disable. 3DFX Glide Support=unchecked/disable. IPX Netowrking=unchecked/disable. Manual Mode=unchecked/disable.

Sound Device, the default sound drivers in Geos are PC Speaker or SoundBlaster. If you want to use SoundBlaster, enable SoundBlaster 1.0 in DosBox Turbo, then also disable PC Speaker. If you are happy with PC Speaker in Geos, then disable SoundBlaster. The sound emulation in DosBox Turbo sucks some computing power, so the right settings will also improve the operating speed. There are also SoundBlaster 16 drivers for Geos, if you have access to them, then try the SB16 settings in DosBox Turbo.

Regarding autoexec.bat, you can edit the settings in the autoexec.bat settings described above, or you can enable manual mode of DosBox, and edit the settings by hand. I find it more practical to use the automated mode in DosBox Turbo and the autoexec.bat setting. Here is a sample of my autoexec.bat (you might have other settings):
    mount c: /storage/emulated/0/Download/Geos
    mount d: /storage/emulated/0/Download
    c:
    cd ensemble
    ensemble

Input Preferences
    Select Input Mode=TouchScreen Mouse. Mouse Tracking=Absolute (experimental). Mouse Sensitivity=50/50. Input Latency=Accurate (slow). Virtual Joystick=disable. Overlay Joystick=disable. Overlay buttons=disable. Button Location=N/A.

Gestures and Mappings
    Button/Controller Maps=N/A. Gesture Mapping: Single Tap Action= Left Click. Double Tap Action=Double L. Click. Two Finger Action=Right Click. Enable Long Press=checked/enable. Use Physical ALT=unchecked/disable.

Screen and Rotation Settings
    Screen Scaling=Enable Screen Scaling. Screen Scale Factor=100. Scale Quality=HQ Scale (slower). GPU Rendering=checked/enable. Rotation Settings=Landscape (you might prefer portrait?) Keep Aspect Ratio=checked/enable (you might prefer streched?) QuickMenu Display=Buttons and Swipe.

Sound Preferences
    Enable Sound=checked/enable.

Performance Tweaks
    Turbo Cycles=checked/enable. Turbo VGA=checked/enable. Turbo Audio=checked/enable.

Other
    I have not changed any setting here, just let them be default

You also need to change the mouse driver in Geos. There are several touch screen drivers in Geos. I use the Generic Touch Screen driver. If it will not work, you have to experiment with the others, like Generic Digitizer, and so on. Don't forget to use Jörg's Monitoreinstellungen app to set the screen settings, this is important to set the screen size in which Geos operates to fit the physical screen. You will get a more accurate touch, when setting these values.

Well, these are my settings, you might need to change settings to make them better fit your smartphone. Hope they will help.

Hans

• Thank you for the tutorial. If i give dir command, i get shown my download directory, where i saved dosbox turbo. Have mounted my own C drive as /storage/emulated/0/ because my Ensemble directory is there and now i can use PC Geos from both DOSBoxes, Magic Dosbox and now also with DosBox Turbo. But for now in both dos boxes i have to drag my mousepointer to the point, which i want to click. Of course, geos in not made for touchscreen. But hoped i could click directly only by tapping my finger on my click point like in modern android apps by suitable mouse emulation (when tapping the finger, mouse pointer is positioned to click point automatically), but this is not done. I have to drag the mousepointer first to the point to click as i would use a physical mouse. So in both dos boxes.

Is there a chance to click directly? To order the emulated mouse to go to the tapped position and do the click there without need to drag the mouse pointer per hand?

• Thank you for the tutorial. If i give dir command, i get shown my download directory, where i saved dosbox turbo. Have mounted my own C drive as /storage/emulated/0/ because my Ensemble directory is there and now i can use PC Geos from both DOSBoxes, Magic Dosbox and now also with DosBox Turbo. But for now in both dos boxes i have to drag my mousepointer to the point, which i want to click. Of course, geos in not made for touchscreen. But hoped i could click directly only by tapping my finger on my click point like in modern android apps by suitable mouse emulation (when tapping the finger, mouse pointer is positioned to click point automatically), but this is not done. I have to drag the mousepointer first to the point to click as i would use a physical mouse. So in both dos boxes.

Is there a chance to click directly? To order the emulated mouse to go to the tapped position and do the click there without need to drag the mouse pointer per hand?

Geos from version 2.1, and Breadbox Ensemble 4.13 have drivers for the touchscreen. There are several touch screen drivers included in hte mouse driver drop down list, which works with DosBox Turbo. I can't say anything about Magic DOSBox, as I have not tested it. I use the "Generic Touch Screen" driver in DosBox Turbo. However, during our tests at Breadbox, we noticed that sometimes, for example, the Generic Digitizer driver worked better. You had to test the drivers to find the one that works. This was probably due to the brand of the tablet, but we were not sure. When you find one that works, use that! You also have to change the mouse mode to Absolute (experimental), and follow the other settings I gave above. I get the best result by doing the following:

1) Set the xScreenSize, yScreenSize, xFiledSize and yFieldSize in [ui] section in Geos.ini. Or use Jörgs app Monitoreinstellung.
    The settings depends in the phone/tablet you have. I would recommend that you use 640x480 or 800x600, depending what suits your phone, 256 color och 64k color. Do not "strech" the screen, use "keep aspect ratio". If the resoultions are bigger than you screen, set the values for what fits your screen, like for example 640x440 or 800x480, depening on your screen, in [ui] section in Geos.ini.
    2) Change to Generic Touch Screen driver in Geos.
    3) Set the mode to Absolute (experimental) in DosBox Turbo.
    4) Exit Ensemble, Exit DosBox Turbo and start again.

The mouse pointer will still appear on the screen, you don't have to drag the mouse pointer, it will move with your tapping on the screen.If you tap for example on the Computer folder on the desktop, the pointer will move to it as you tap on it. If you have followed my instructions above you can also tap with both fingers on the desktop as a right click, then a mneu will show up. The only right click which does not seem to work is the right click and dragging. Like for example to drag an icon to the wastebasket.

One more advice. Do not use Ensemble as a root folder. My root folder is called Geos. in the Geos folder I have put the Ensemble folder.

Hans

• Thank you, hanslse for all advice. Now it works as i want it. I need only to tap my finger on clickpoint. A finger tap opens or closes, what i want, without need to drag my mousepointer first. Mouse pointer is still visible as you said, but no more need to drag it before tap. I reached it with Generic Touch screen driver.

It also works in Magic DOSBox. In the mouse menu there you have also to choose Mouse absolute. Then it works with both DOSBoxes.