Beiträge von bretttiktin

Hello, I have noticed a game called Snake in the beta build of PC/Geos 6. I would like to install the

Program into my breadbox ensemble that I use regularly. I did not see any .geo files for install. Does someone have a copy of the program files to install it into ensemble? I also have used the program called Dose on my HP Omnigo and Tandy zommer. I do not have these install files as well but I noticed that the source code is available to compile on our repository. May someone please compile the dose program so I can use that program on breadbox ensemble? I would also like to use the snake game if anyone has a copy. Or a copy of Dose. Below attached our screenshots of the dose program files that I would like the completed files to be compiled so I can use them in breadbox ensemble.

You write that you have a virtual machine with Windows 98? What is the primary operating system on the virtual machine?
    There is a new version of DOSBox called DOSBox Staging, works similar to DOSBox Megabuild, maybe except for the printer support? I have managed to connect.Geos to internet using the modem emulation in DOSBox Staging. I use Ubuntu, but it should work in Windows.and Mac, too, as DOSBox Staging is available for Windows, Mac and Linux.

Maybe that is something for you?

Hans

My primary operating system for virtual machine is Windows 98. Please send me any directions you have for modem support in DOSBox Staging I have tried the dosbox mega build but it was not working for me
    Brett

Hello Hans,
    It is very nice to hear from you again. I do not have a Raspberry Pi yet. My current set up for GEOS is a Virtual Machine with Windows 98 and most versions of PC/GEOS including Breadbox Ensemble, NewDeal Office 2000, NewDeal for Global PC , BrotherWorks 98, Palm connect, NewDeal release 3, HP omnigo SDK and emulator, Nokia 9000 emulator, Breadbox Ensemble Lite, Breadbox Ensemble Demo AOL for DOS Geoworks 2.0 ETC. As I could be missing a few others. This works quite well and I have been using it for many years. The only way for me to connect with the internet with PC/GEOS is my Brother Geobook NB-60 or NB-80c prototype via dial up PPP and Globalhopper. Since my NB-80c is a prototype I would like to keep it in good condition. I am looking for other ways to use the PC/GEOS Web Browser. I go on very simple Web sites that are 3.1 HTML. Maybe Pi/GEOS is not for me. Is there any other ways you can think of to get me on the internet with PC/GEOS and my current setup? If you have any other questions please let me know thank you so much once agian for your help.
    From,
    Brett

Hello Everyone it's been a while since I have posted here. I now have some free time on my hands. I was wondering if someone could help me out with a Raspberry Pi for use with Pi/GEOS and the internet. Since I have a disability it would be difficult for me to set up a PC/GEOS with internet since it requires some coding. If I could have someone preconfigure a computer with Pi/GEOS installed that would be great I will pay for such a computer. I only have a Wi-FI connection at home for regular internet. Any help is much appreciated-Brett

Hi Thomas and Hans:
    I have installed Dosbox Megabuild 6. I will take a look at the Dosbox configuration file and make sure the sorce code you send me is included and I will follow the other instructions you have provided me. Hopefully this time it works! stay tuned for further updates!
    Brett

HI Hans,
    Sadly I do not have Newdeal Office 98 I have New Deal Web Suite, New Deal Office 2000 , Palmconect, Breadbox Ensemble, Breadbox Lite, Brotherworks '98, IBM Schoolview ,Ensemble 2.0, Ensemble Working Model, Global PC Demonstration Version, Global PC, Geoworks Pro and a Newdeal Office Release 3 Demonstraion
    version. Would any the above verisons work as well? As I don't have Newdeal Office 98.
    From,
    Brett

You're problem is probably not that you are missing a library but that the libraries are indeed not matching your version of GEOS. However, doesn't the GeoBook have a WebBrowser of its own?

Yes they include a web browser. However all of Geobook's have the Geobrowser from Brother that dose not support things like frames or animated GIFS. I am looking for a slightly more up to date web browser for the Geobook.
    Thank you so much for your help. :)

Brett

What are the required .Geo files required for skipper web browser? I am trying to install it on my Geobook Nb-80c I tried to use Webmagick without any luck I get the error that this geo app is to new for the Geobook. I have used these files for webmagick
    In addition to the normal Ensemble libs WebMagick:
    system/html4par.geo
    system/ibms.geo
    system/netutils.geo
    system/cookies.geo
    system/parentc.geo
    system/idialc.geo
    system/wav.geo
    system/mailhub.geo
    system/socket.geo
    plus the HTML error files and the help file:
    privdata\htmlerr (a folder with error1.htm thru error20,htm files)
    userdata\help\internet

Thanks,
    Brett

Amazing work! I can see how all this could work if I had the skills to do it. My PC/Geos set up is a bit different due to my disability. I use virtual box and Windows 98 as a visual way for me to install and add new Geos programs and add-ons. I have spent some time trying to get this to work I must be doing something wrong since I don't know to how edit the scripts that T.Hass has given me. I am really excited that Geos has found a way to the Internet! :D :)

Hi here are my questions regarding Geos 6 hopefully they can be answered.

PC / GEOS SYSTEM V6
    1. Is the new GEOS software going to be in English?
    2. What is Free GEOS
    3. How dose Free GEOS relate to PC / GEOS System V6?
    4. How do I get a copy of GEOS?
    5. Can PC / GEOS System 6 Support a newer way of connecting to the internet other than dial up?
    6. Are there any GUI "Look and Feel" improvements?

Thank you
    Brett Tiktin

I will keep an eye out for a Brother Desktop publisher or a Cannon Wordstar these are probably the only "Geos" Items I dont have in my PC/GEOS collection. :) Do you have any news on PC/GEOS 6?

Hi!

• At least the Canons did have a different system library for the spell-checking-/thesaurus-stuff. Hence, there's the chance that this app will not work in BBE. However, there's no need for this app as the spell checker is integrated everywhere in BBE (GeoWrite, ...) and as there's a free third party app to access BBE's thesaurus: http://geos-infobase.de/KATTER/PROGRAMM/thesauru.zip
    • I guess that the typewriter application will only work on a real "electrical typewriter" and not in BBE. And there's no need for it in BBE as you've already got GeoWrite and the text-editor (and all those 3rd party apps).

In other words: If you need these apps just for collection, then "good luck". But if you really want to use them in BBE (and on a PC/laptop instead of an "electrical typewriter with monitor"), then I could tell you that "These are not the Druids you are looking for..." ;)

Jörg