Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: GEOS-InfoBase-Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

Samstag, 11. März 2017, 17:44

EtherDFS Netzwerk-Dateisystem fuer DOS

Das koennte auch unter PC/GEOS interessant sein:

http://etherdfs.sourceforge.net/

Kleines Tool das FTP oder Novell/M$ Netzwerk-Client ersetzen koennte.

Freitag, 17. März 2017, 07:48

Yes, very interesting for a local network if you run DOS. If you map this as a local disk, it should show up in Geos as a drive? I don't think it can replace an FTP client, as FTP is made for accessing FTP servers on LAN and WAN. I wonder if a Raspberry Pi can be used as a server, attaching a FAT fomatted drive to it or a FAT formatted SD card? Matteus Viste recommends that the sahe would be a FAT formatted drive. Pity, I don't have the time to experiment for the moment :(

BR,

Hans

Freitag, 17. März 2017, 16:19

Hello Hans

Not to replace the FTP on WAN.

But it should be possible to write a GEOS client for it, as it is simple like FTP.

Andreas

Freitag, 17. März 2017, 23:40

Do you need that, will it not show like a drive icon in GeoManager?
Hans

Freitag, 17. März 2017, 23:40

Do you need that, will it not show like a drive icon in GeoManager?
Hans

Samstag, 18. März 2017, 16:05

It should show up as any DOS drive does. But if the client is in DOS, it needs a network stack -> less memory for GEOS and you have to leave GEOS to change any drive mapping.

Sonntag, 19. März 2017, 11:45

Of course you are right, however it depends in how much base memory the EtherDFS driver will use? When we were working with the educationl tablet at Breadbox, we were planning to have some kind of file transfer folder, just a button away in the GeoManager, replaing the DOSRoom button. The intension with the transfer folder was to create an area were the student could leave their tests, and fetch different material from their teacher and courses and so on. Using the EtherDFS could be a more advanced version of what we thought, and by integrating the drivers in Geos this would be more efficient.

If it would intregrated in DOSEmu I guess it would be a great addition, and network folders could be shared across Linux and Geos operating systems.Although there is one thing that needs to be considered and that is the need of FAT formatted file areas.I will try to experiment with the present DOS driver and see what can be accomplished. FOr the moment I don't have much time, I guess it will be a future project, in the near future.

BR,
Hans

Montag, 20. März 2017, 07:35

Hello Hans

I see EtherDFS for example on the GlobalPC like you run it with the Xircom adapter or other "pure" DOSes.

If one use PC/GEOS on MAC/LIN/WIN, it can use the functionality from the OS to mount remote folders. One hint here is, use one local folder which maps to a GEOS drive. Then mount remote locations into subfolders of the mapped GEOS drive.

Andreas

Thema bewerten