NewDeal Hot Tip 1805
Printing to Netware under Windows 95
Here are the steps I took to enable printing on my network.
- Install the appropriate driver for the printer you will
be using in both Windows 95 and NewDeal.
- In Windows 95 capture the Novell Print Queue as LPT1
(assuming you have no local printer attached).
- In NewDeal Preferences, select COMPUTER and set PARALLEL
PORTS, LPT1: to DOS.
- In Windows 95, open PRINTER PROPERTIES for your printer.
- Click the DETAILS tab and then the SPOOL SETTINGS...
button on the bottom of the dialog and set Spool Print Jobs
to Start Printing After Last Page Is Spooled.
- Leave SPOOL DATA format on EMF then click OK.
- Next select PORT SETTINGS and choose Check Port State Before
Printing and leave Spool MSDOS Print Jobs checked. Click OK
- Click OK again, and you should be ready to print!
Return to Index
Last Modified 6 Mar 1999