NewDeal Hot Tip 1626
The [mouse] category of the GEOS.INI file defines the driver
and settings for mouse support in NewDeal. These keys are usually
set by the Mouse module in Preferences.
- device = <name>
- This key defines the mouse in use and should be
set by the Preferences manager. It must be the full
device name (EXAMPLE: No Idea).
- driver = <filename>
- This key goes with the device key and contains the file
name of the driver (EXAMPLE: genmouse.geo).
- info = <number>
- The number specifies certain parameters for the mouse and
is usually filled in automatically by the mouse driver.
- port = <number>
- Defines the serial port used by the mouse. Used by only
some mouse drivers.
- If your computer has two mice, you can create
a secondMouse category. The keys are similar to
those used by the [mouse] category. The easiest way
to set this up is to install one mouse at a time and
save your GEOS.INI file from each installation, then
copy the keys from one GEOS.INI file to another and
rename one of the mouse categories to [secondMouse].
Return to Index
Last Modified 8 Mar 1999