NewDeal Hot Tip 1500
Dial Your Phone With NewDex
Would you like to have your computer dial your phone numbers?
Did you know NewDex could do this for you? If you need to
dial a lot of numbers and have a modem in your computer,
connect it to your phone line and you're all set to let
your computer do the work for you. All you need
to do is press talk on your phone, or pick up the
receiver when the person you're dialing answers!
Just follow these easy instructions:
For more information on this and how NewDex can display
your ten most frequently dialed numbers and your ten most
recently called people, check out the NewDex chapter in your manual.
- Flip to the card containing the phone number you want
- Click the dial button. A dialog box appears asking you
are sure you want to dial this number.
- If the number is incorrect, you can click in the field
and edit it now.
- Click Dial to place your call. If your modem has a built-in
speaker, you hear the dial tone, the number being dialed and the
ringing tone (or a busy signal).
- As soon as the modem finishes dialing the number, pick
up the handset of your phone and click the Talk button. Clicking Talk
transfers the call from your modem to your telephone. Until you
click Talk, the person who answers the phone cannot hear you speaking.
Return to Index
Last Modified 2 Mar 1999