NewDeal Technical Support Document 281
If you already have an account with an ISP, skip to Configuring your ISP below. If you do not yet have an ISP, ask your friends or associates for recommendations, consult advertising, or search the World Wide Web if you have access to it from another software or another computer. Try to find an ISP that provides a dial-up phone number in your local dialing area, otherwise you may incur toll charges on your phone bill whenever you connect to the Internet.
- ACC Global Net - www.accglobal.net
- ALCOM - www.alcom.aland.fi
- ATT WorldNet - www.att.net
- A-Plus Internet - www.a-plus.com
- Bergen Net - www.bergen.net
- Burgernetz - www.iv.de
- Earthlink - www.earthlink.com
- Erols Internet - www.erols.com
- Flashnet - www.flash.net
- Login Name: No special characters required.
Password: Up to 8 characters
Primary DNS Server: 188.8.131.52
Secondary DNS Server: 184.108.40.206
- FreeI Net - www.freei.net
- Primary DNS Server: 220.127.116.11
Secondary DNS Server: 18.104.22.168
- Frontier Communications- www.frontiernet.net
- GlobalOne - www.globalone.net
- IBM Internet Connection Services - www.ibm.net
- Indy Net - www.indy.net
- Internet Connect Services - www.montana.com/ics
- Lightspeed Net - www.lightspeed.net
- MN Internet - www.mninter.net
- Netcom - www.netcom.com
- Login Name: In the U.S., us,ppp, is required
in front of your user name. For example,
if your user name is csmith, enter us,ppp,csmith
Password: Up to 8 characters
Primary DNS Server: 22.214.171.124
Secondary DNS Server: 126.96.36.199
- Netti Finland Oy - www.netti.fi
- Network Techology - www.net-tech.com.au
- New Mexico State University - www.nmsu.edu
- Ohio State University - www.osu.edu
- Online-Club.DE - www.online-club.de
- Online Internet - www.online.be
- P&T Internet Service - www.pt.lu
- Pacific Internet Philippines - www.pacific.net.ph
- Primenet - www.globalcenter.net
- Proaxis Communications - www.proaxis.com
- Prodigy Internet - www.prodigy.com
- PSI Net - www.psi.net
- Sachsische Zeitung - www.sz-online.de
- Saunalahden Serveri - www.saunalahti.fi
- Surf South - www.surfsouth.com
- Surfree - www.surfree.com
- Sympatico (Bell Canada) - www1.sympatico.ca
- Sysnet Communications. - www.sysnet.net
- T Online - www.t-online.de
- The Internet Access Company - corp.tiac.net
- The Solar Stop - www.solarstop.net
- TNC - www.total.net
- UniDial Communications - www.unidial.com
- World Online - www.worldonline.nl
If your computer does not have a modem, but it is connected to a local area network that provides Internet access, you may be able to use NewDeal's ODI Ethernet driver. For more information, see technical support document 277 on NewDeal's web site, or contact NewDeal technical support.
If you already use another software to connect to your ISP, you might find the information in the configuration portion of that software. For example, if you connect to your ISP from a standard Windows 95 dial-up, look in My Computer, Dial-Up Networking. Double click the icon for your ISP to see the user name and phone number. Right click the icon for your ISP and choose Properties from the menu. Under Server Types, press the TCP/IP Settings button to see the settings for IP address and DNS.
In NewDeal, run Preferences and choose the Internet button. In the Internet dialog box, enter the following information which you obtained from your ISP.
Most ISPs do not require any changes to the Advanced Settings. If your ISP supplies a gateway address or a subnet mask, press the Advanced Settings button and enter the numbers in the appropriate fields. The Debug setting is used for advanced troubleshooting, leave it set to zero unless directed to change it by a technical support representative. Leave Login set to Automatic. As of this writing, there are no login applications available yet. If you make any changes in the Advanced Settings dialog box, press the OK button. If you make no changes, press the Cancel button.
Back in the Internet dialog box, press the OK button. You are now ready to run Skipper and start surfing the Web or to use any other NewDeal Internet client applications that you have.
For more help about the Internet dialog box or the other dialog boxes described here, press the help button in the dialog box.